Tuesday 12 November 2013

Initial thoughts

I begin writing this blog already near the end of 2013, already two weeks into my third month at the Royal Conservatoire in The Hague. It is the first time I ever study composition at an institution, aiming to obtain a title in this career.
My previous experience in composition was just writing what I liked, whenever I wanted, without having to justify myself in front of a teacher. This was good, for a time. Then I realized that I was becoming more and more self-centered and more and more naive musically at the same time. This led me to want to become more strict with myself and to meet other people that were interested in the things I was interested in, namely everything related to music. Thus, I ended up first in Poland and then here in the Netherlands, where I've met many talented people that know so much more about everything than I do, which has made me learn a lot of things and also want to continue exploring and learning new things.
This was kind of a short post that seems kind of silly, but I just felt I needed to introduce myself briefly before beginning to post more abstract things, which will come soon. I expect to post at least once a week.
Peace to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment